Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The extra large pincushion

I keep dropping my pins on the carpet, so this morning before I started on the curtains I decided to whip up a little pin cushion. I used the purple from the ironing board cover for the sides and the top and bottom are "Crackle" in Eggplant by Kathy Schmitz for Moda.

The cushion ended up a little larger than I had originally anticipated, but then I decided that was probably for the best, considering that I had about 270 pearl headed floral pins left over from the wedding so I took them out of their little boxes and added them to the cushion too.

Now I can continue the curtains without dropping pins on the floor. And who else can say their pincushion matches their ironing board?

1 comment:

Laurie Bridges said...

Have I ever told you i have terrible nightmares about pushpins? I dream they get stuck in the floor and I can't find them and them somehow they migrate into my mouth. very bizarre.